GET is continuing to stay up-to-date regarding the COVID-19 Virus. As information becomes available we are prepared to meet the changing recommendations available in our operations and business during this statewide “stay-at-home” order.
The safety, health and well-being of our employees, customers and community is a top priority for GET and we are implementing a number of proactive measures in response to COVID-19.
GET is urging riders to only ride public transit for essential travel and refrain from using public transit if they have symptoms of COVID-19. Notices have been put up on buses reminding riders to practice social distancing, and to protect our drivers please stay home if you show signs of COVID-19 symptoms.CDC Site
WHAT WE'RE DOING:
In an effort to provide service during this time, GET will implement reduced service using the Weekend Service Schedule, 7-days a week (Effective Monday, March 23, 2020)
- GET’s fixed route buses will operate 6:30 am – 7:00 pm daily
- On-Demand Paratransit will operate for medically necessary appointments only (Dr. Appointments, Pharmacy, Grocery Store)
- On-Demand Transit will follow the weekend schedule of 7 am – 7 pm daily
- X92 will still have its full schedule
How GET is keeping you safe:
- Wiping all frequently touched surfaces on our buses with disinfectant each night
- Asking customers to follow social distancing of six feet when possible
- Asking customers to ask questions to our drivers from outside the bus
- Asking customers to not ride transit if they are sick
- Recommending customers to wear face masks
- Each employee is screened for the virus before every shift to ensure the safety of all our employees
How you can help:
We urge customers to follow The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention‘s (CDC) recommendations:
- Social distancing: Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet between you and other people, including our operators and employees.
- Wash your hands: Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face: Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze: Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw that tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow.
- Recommendation: use a face mask
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
With more people working from home, there is more space on buses for customers to social distance. Please be mindful of other people and their space.
While riding with us, if you need to report any sanitation or cleaning issue, please call Customer Service at 661-869-2GET
GET Administration Office changes because of COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the situation is changing rapidly. Our administration office is closed until further notice
Closed offices to the public:
- GET Administrative Office, 1830 Golden State Ave.
- Customer Service at the Downtown Terminal will remain open from 6:30 am to 7 pm every day
- Customer Service line is open from 6:30 am - 7 pm every day (661-869-2GET)