GET is continuing to stay up-to-date regarding the COVID-19 Virus. As information becomes available we are prepared to meet the changing recommendations available in our operations and business during this statewide “stay-at-home” order.
The safety, health and well-being of our employees, customers and community is a top priority for GET and we are implementing a number of proactive measures in response to COVID-19.
GET is urging riders to only ride public transit for essential travel and refrain from using public transit if they have symptoms of COVID-19. Notices have been put up on buses reminding riders to practice social distancing, and to protect our drivers please stay home if you show signs of COVID-19 symptoms.CDC Site
WHAT WE'RE DOING:
In an effort to provide service during this time, GET will implement reduced service using the Weekend Service Schedule, 7-days a week (Effective Monday, February 6, 2022)
- GET’s fixed route buses will operate 6:30 am – 7:00 pm daily
- On-Demand Paratransit will operate for medically necessary appointments only (Dr. Appointments, Pharmacy, Grocery Store)
- On-Demand Transit will follow the weekend schedule of 7 am – 7 pm daily
- X92 will still have its full schedule
How GET is keeping you safe:
- Wiping all frequently touched surfaces on our buses with disinfectant each night
- Asking customers to follow social distancing of six feet when possible
- Asking customers to ask questions to our drivers from outside the bus
- Asking customers to not ride transit if they are sick
- Recommending customers to wear face masks
- Each employee is screened for the virus before every shift to ensure the safety of all our employees
How you can help:
We urge customers to follow The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention‘s (CDC) recommendations:
- Social distancing: Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet between you and other people, including our operators and employees.
- Wash your hands: Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face: Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze: Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw that tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow.
- Recommendation: use a face mask
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
While riding with us, if you need to report any sanitation or cleaning issue, please call Customer Service at 661-869-2GET
- Customer Service at the Downtown Terminal is open from 6:30 am to 7 pm every day
- Customer Service line is open from 6:30 am - 7 pm every day (661-869-2GET)