Purchase and store your GET pass with a smartphone, via a mobile app called “Token Transit.”
Token Transit will offer you another great alternative to cash, while helping you board faster and easily manage your bus fare from your mobile device. Customers can use a credit card to purchase GET single ride and monthly passes from anywhere! Passes can be purchased for immediate use, or if you’re planning ahead, they can be stored on Token Transit for future trips on GET.
How it Works
Here’s how to pay for your GET pass with a mobile device, in just 4 easy steps:
The Fine Print
If you plan on using Token Transit for GET trips, here are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Token Transit can be used on GET as a valid form of fare payment.
- Be sure to load your pass on your smartphone prior to boarding GET.
- Wait until the bus approaches the stop before activating your pass.
- You cannot purchase interagency transfers on Token Transit. Transfers must still be purchased on-board GET with exact cash.
- A separate pass is still required when transferring from one GET bus to another GET bus.
- Should you experience any technical issues with the app, please contact Token Transit, at email@example.com. GET customer service representatives can assist with all other questions; just dial 661-869-2438.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I request a refund?
- Passes are not transferable or replaceable. All sales are final. However, if you experience technical issues, please contact Token Transit, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When do I need an internet connection?
- An internet connection is required in order to purchase your pass. An internet connection is also required to use your pass for the first time, and to refresh once every 90 minutes thereafter.
- Why can’t I purchase and activate my tickets through the GET’s Wi-Fi network (City Wi-Fi)?
- Users must accept the Wi-Fi terms of service in order to use the City Wi-Fi network. Open your phone’s internet browser and accept the terms of service. You can then use the Wi-Fi network to purchase and use tickets within the City of Bakersfield.
- Which GET passes are available on Token Transit?
- All Regular GET passes are available on Token Transit.
- Can I buy transfers to other GET buses on Token Transit?
- No, we do not sell transfers from one GET to another. You will need to purchase another pass, which you can do through Token Transit.
- Once activated, how long do I have to use my Single Ride Pass?
- Single ride passes will expire 30 minutes from the time of activation.
- How do I know if my pass is active?
- Active passes will be displayed under “Passes in use,” which immediately appears when the Token Transit app is opened.
- Is there a record of expired passes?
- Yes, you can view a log of your past actions by going to your Account Settings and selecting ‘History’. There will be a new entry every time you use a pass.
- Can I have a receipt for my pass purchase?
- Yes, but in order to do so, you will need to make sure that you include your email address when you register your account. Receipts will be sent to the email address associated with your account.
- What if my battery dies while my pass is active?
- You are responsible for keeping your phone charged while using your pass. Refunds will not be issued if your phone’s battery dies while your pass is active.
- What happens to my account if I lose my phone?
- Your passes and payment information are linked to the account associated with your phone number. They are not linked to your physical phone. Logging in with your phone number on a new device will restore your previous pass and payment information.
- Is my credit card information secure?
- All personal and credit card information is securely stored, using Token Transit’s encrypted Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant server.
- I don’t have a credit or debit card. Can I go to the Transit Store with cash or a check to pay for and load passes onto the app?
- No. The only form of payment accepted on Token Transit is credit or debit card.
- I need help with the app! Who can help me?
- Should you experience any technical issues with the app, please contact Token Transit, at email@example.com. GET customer service representatives can assist with all other questions, just dial 661-869-2438.
- Will you be able to put your EBT/Food Stamps card as your debit card in Token Transit?
- No, token transit does not accept EBT cards.