Account Clerk I (Part-time)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform bookkeeping and accounting clerical functions. Perform accounts receivable daily functions and month-end close. Collect account receivable past due accounts.
- Prepare passes for distribution to outlets and customers. Maintain pass inventory. Prepare monthly pass sales reports. Prepare and count farebox revenue and process deposits.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Reconcile sales of passes by CSR’s at Downtown terminal and Front Desk. Reconcile GAL weekly deposits to Fare Tracking sheets. Reconcile Ryde daily deposits to Fare Tracking sheets. Reconcile Credit Card sales.
- Administer the District’s General Liability Self-insured Programs. Coordinate District liability claims with 3rd party administrator.
- Investigate incidents and respond to customer complaints in areas of District liability. Work with insurance agents, law enforcement, adjusters, and defense attorney’s as required. Prepare NTD reports as scheduled.
- Graduation from high school or GED required, with 3-5 years work experience in Accounting.
Knowledge of and ability to:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, intermediate skills with Microsoft EXCEL and word.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office procedures; business math; modern office practices and procedures; correct grammatical usage and punctuation, as well as prior computer experience. Ability to spell correctly and use proper English; type at 25 words per minute and efficiently operate a 10-key adding machine; work under general supervision; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; establish and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted in the course of work.
- Requisite reading, mathematical and written language skills in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Lift moneybags weighing up to 50 pounds, on a regular basis.
- Possess a valid California drivers’ license and a driving record acceptable to the District’s insurance underwriter.
- Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Equal Opportunity Employer. Open Until Filled.