Now Hiring the Following Position:
Director of Human Resources
(Reports to the Chief Executive Officer)
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Human Resource functions and activities. Including, but not limited to:
- Plans, directs and organizes the District’s human resources procedures and processes consistent with current laws and district goals; evaluates current procedures and recommends changes.
- Collaborate with supervisors and managers to investigate, assess, recommend and implement disciplinary and corrective action to resolve issues with employees as appropriate.
- Develop policy and procedures as required.
- Assist management personnel with Union activities and resolutions including negotiations, grievances, employee complaints and arbitrations.
- Review and process Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Interface with legal counsel and work closely with workers’ compensation third party administrator.
Supervise Human Resources Department staff members
- Hire, assign work, counsel, discipline, terminate and provide training to those reporting to the Human Resources Department including conducting semi-annual performance evaluations
- Serve as EEO Compliance Officer
- Provide supervision, guidance, compliance and adherence to EEO/Affirmative Action Plan-related policies and processes to ensure a discrimination-free workplace.
- Investigate internal and external EEO discrimination complaints.
- Monitor and audit employment conditions and practices to ensure a discrimination free workplace.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of five years of professional experience as a generalist in Human Resource Management.
- Certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) desirable.
- Experience with a union workforce, labor relations and negotiations desirable.
- Maintain a California driver’s license and driving record that is acceptable to the District’s insurance underwriter.
- Proof of a current COVID-19 vaccination required.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications, but may be included. EOE.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Initial screening of applications on October 22, 2021