Now Hiring the Following Position:
Director of Operations and Planning
(Reports to the Chief Executive Officer)
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the planning, implementation and delivery of safe efficient fixed-route bus, on demand microtransit, paratransit, NEMT and other transportation services:
- Develop operating guidelines for the Operations and Planning Department employees, ensuring that the service is planned and operated in accordance with District policies and procedures.
- Investigate serious customer complaints regarding the fixed-route and on demand services.
- Monitor accident investigations.
- Monitor service quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Perform management related tasks:
- Develop departmental goals and objectives, communicating them to staff.
- Prepare and monitor annual departmental budget.
- Participate in labor relations, union disputes, and labor negotiations.
- Supervise the run cutting process and bid documents in a timely manner.
- Hire, assign work, counsel, discipline, train, terminate and promote employees.
- Maintain a sound client/customer relationship to foster satisfaction with the District’s quality of service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Transportation Planning or a closely related field.
- Five years of transit operations or transportation planning experience.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to A and B above.
- Ability to obtain and possess a valid California Class B driver license and driving record acceptable to the District’s insurance underwriter.
- Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications, but may be included. EOE.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Initial screening of applications on October 22, 2021