Executive Assistant: $25.00 – $29.00 – Hourly
GET is currently seeking an EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to join our team! The Executive Assistant will provide complex secretarial and administrative support to the District CEO and Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills, and be experienced with handling a variety of executive-level administrative duties and responsibilities. With guidance and input from the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and others on the team, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for the achievement of the District’s goals, objectives and initiatives.
What you will do:
- Independently perform a wide variety of complex administrative office tasks.
- Regularly attend board meetings and provide hands-on clerical support to the District Board of Directors and CEO.
- Coordinate with departments to ensure District strategic initiatives, goals, and objectives, are communicated and implemented across departments.
- Compose, review, and edit a variety of correspondence (including meeting minutes) with impeccable attention to grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Assemble and retain important files and communication in an orderly manner.
- Assist the Board and management with district business meetings, events, and related travel arrangements.
- Proficient use of WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL in the performance of tasks.
- Administratively support established operational initiatives.
- Assist with audit and retention of essential records, tracking compliance and completions.
- Organize and schedule executive meetings and online administrative events.
How you will shine:
- High school completion or equivalent
- 3 years of executive-level clerical/administrative experience
- A passion for organization
- Comfort with creating work efficiencies related to administrative systems to streamline processes and find opportunities for improvement.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Exceptional grammar, spelling, writing capability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on WORD and POWERPOINT.
- Ability to communicate in person and electronically with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to adjust priorities and adapt to change.
What motivates our team:
- Excellent benefits including medical, vision, dental, EAP, ADD and LTD insurance.
- Flexible 9/80 work schedule.
- Paid holidays, sick leave, vacation.
- Retirement Plan options.
GET provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation/selection or genetics.
Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.Complete an Online Application