Facilities Maintenance Worker 21.40/hr.
Preforms a variety of highly skilled facilities maintenance responsibilities associated with ensuring operational efficiency, effectiveness and safety of Golden Empire Transit District’s facilities and passenger amenities.
Essential Job duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties. A detailed essential job description can be requested from the District’s Human Resources Department
Preforms work relative to installation, renovation, construction, repair, maintenance and preventative maintenance inspections of buildings, premises, equipment and property.
Preforms electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC, concrete, roofing, landscaping and other facilities maintenance work and repairs.
Inspects and diagnoses problems with equipment and makes repairs or replacements of worn or defective parts.
Maintains bus shelters, benches, route sign poles and other passenger amenities.
Preforms janitorial duties including steam cleaning, restroom sanitation, recycling and trash collection.
Enters records from completed maintenance tasks; use computer terminal for data entry.
- High School Diploma or GED- Graduation; plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience performing facility maintenance and equipment repair.
- A valid California Class C driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the District’s insurance underwriter.
- Reading, mathematical and written language skills in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to work an evening shift, weekends and holidays.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current Official K4 DMV printout with seal, must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.