IT INTERN (UNPAID)
Golden Empire Transit District is in search of an IT Help Desk/Level 1 Tech who is looking to gain valuable industry experience in the IT field. This individual will provide support to all GET departments in relation to computer systems, phone and network connections, and other project duties as assigned by the current GET IT department. This unpaid internship is designed to give the intern a broad spectrum in various aspects of Information Technology in a professional setting at our administration office in Bakersfield, CA. This position will report to the IT Supervisor, but will work alongside various individuals in the organization.
- Serve as the first line of support for internal users
- Respond to IT support requests or escalate problems to IT supervision when necessary
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document hardware and software issues in a timely manner as they arise
- Configure and maintain hardware including computer systems, phone systems, printers, and network devices
- Provide technical support and guidance to end users with hardware and software use
- Uphold the confidentiality and security of GET data and documents
- Assist IT team with ongoing projects
- Create documentation for end users
- Other IT related projects (programming, Database administration, cable work, etc.) as necessary
- You must be a student working toward a degree. Preference may be given to Juniors or Seniors level students working toward an Information Technology or related degree
- Experienced in MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Individual should be punctual and professional with great time management skills
- An understanding of computer hardware and various software
- Ability to learn quickly and follow directions with strong organizational skills
- Strong communications skills with the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level required of assigned duties
- Experience with Windows server and Windows domains is plus (Active Directory, Exchange, etc.)
- Understanding of network topology and hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) is a plus
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93301. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.