The responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor is to direct, coordinate and oversee the daily activities of employees engaged in maintaining, servicing and cleaning vehicles and equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor ensures a safe and productive work environment in compliance with all regulations. He/she is also responsible for providing safe and reliable vehicles to meet the daily operational requirements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase supplies and services, utilizing the computer system.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with budget preparation.
- Handle radio communications and coordinate roadcalls or other vehicle in service repairs.
- Must be willing to meet the needs of the District in a 24/7 environment.
- High School Diploma or GED- Graduation from a vocational technical college is preferred.
- Five years increasingly responsible experience in fleet, truck or vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Experience with the repair and maintenance of diesel and gasoline vehicles.
- A minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred.
- Construction, assembly, systems and control, adjustment and maintenance of transit buses, automobiles, light trucks, and other motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to diagnose basic defects in electrical, air conditioning, engines, transmissions, brakes, steering, and chassis systems.
- Operations in a shop environment including materials, methods, Preventative Maintenance programs, tools and equipment used in the repair and support in motorized equipment and vehicles.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain:
- ASE Transit Bus Air Brake and Preventative Maintenance Certification
- TIA Tire Certification
- Forklift Permit
- A Class B California Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and passenger endorsements.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current H6 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLEDComplete an Online Application