Maintenance Safety and Training Coordinator
Salary is dependent on experience
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate training for maintenance employees.
- Schedule and train employees in technical vehicle maintenance and non-technical material.
- Conducts one-on-one, group and hands on training.
- Create training aids, course materials and manuals.
- Maintain training databases.
- Conducts commercial driver license skills, driving instruction and testing.
- Develop standardized procedures and tasks in the Maintenance Department.
- Coordinates and schedules all outside vendor instructor training.
- Conducts OSHA compliant safety training for all departmental employees.
- Associate level degree from an accredited college or university with course work in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum requirements.
- The ability to obtain a valid Class B California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- 5-years’ experience in heavy duty fleet or public transit vehicle maintenance desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong vehicle maintenance and safety experience.
- Skills in operating computer and video equipment and ability to produce technical educational videos.
- Ability to create and teach technical curriculum, to keep current with changing technology, and to keep accurate records.
For a full list of essential job duties, responsibilities and minimum qualifications, please contact Golden Empire Transit District’s Human Resources Department.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current official K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED