The District has an opening for the following position: Mechanic A ($35.32/Hour)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, overhaul and repair of heavy-duty, gasoline and compressed natural gas vehicles.
- Perform complex electrical troubleshooting and repairs on motorized equipment including high voltage electric vehicle systems.
- Effectively accomplishes preventative maintenance inspections on a variety of motorized equipment.
- Perform maintenance and complex repairs on hydrogen fuel cell components.
- Proficient use of Cummins Insight and other electronic diagnostic software.
- Use of electronic OEM shop and procedure manuals in accordance with both OEM and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to read, interpret and repair complex electrical information including general electrical repairs, complex schematics and CAN communication systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair vehicle air conditioning systems using various diagnostic and refrigerant handling equipment in accordance with all regulatory requirements
- Exchange major components on motorized equipment such as engines, transmissions, differentials and etc.
- Inspects, diagnoses, and makes skilled and semi-skilled repairs of mechanical defects on buses, automotive and related mechanical equipment.
- Accurately complete various written and electronic documents related to vehicle repairs, parts requisitions, and other vehicle maintenance forms and records.
- Performs in field vehicle repairs and road calls.
- Mounts, dismounts and balances heavy-duty truck and automotive tires.
- Ability to perform quality assurance inspections on all motorized equipment and vehicles.
- Provide technical assistance advice and supervised (management directed) training to less experienced mechanics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED- Graduation from a vocational technical college is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance and repair of buses or a combination of experience and education in the maintenance and repair of heavy-duty construction equipment, trucks, automobiles, or battery electric vehicles.
- Obtain Class C California Driver’s License & ability to obtain B Permit with Passenger & Airbrake Endorsements within six months of hire.
- Obtain TIA Tire Certification within six months of hire.
- Obtain CNG Tank Inspection Certification within six month of hire.
- Obtain a Type II Refrigeration License.
- Obtain an ASE Transit Master Technician Certification within six months of hire.
- Obtain a Forklift Operators Permit within six month of hire.
- Obtain a Forklift Operators Permit.
- Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Equal Opportunity Employer.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED