GOLDEN EMPIRE TRANSIT DISTRICT
The District has an opening for the following position: Mechanic A ($33.29/Hour)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and overhaul of diesel, gasoline and alternate fuel motorized equipment
- Perform complex electrical troubleshooting and repairs on motorized equipment including both minor and major vehicle systems and components such as: engine overhauls, transmission overhaul, minor component repairs on alternators, hydraulic pumps, motors and cylinders, water pumps and air compressors.
- Tune engines for performance and economy through use of both electronic diagnostic equipment and mechanical adjustments (per OEM Shop and procedure manuals) to fuel control systems in accordance with both OEM and regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoot and repair vehicle air conditioning systems using various diagnostic and refrigerant handling equipment in accordance with all OEM and regulatory requirements
- Exchange major components on motorized equipment, i.e., engines, transmissions and differentials.
- Overhaul and install brakes, brake system components and related accessories.
- Provide technical assistance advice and supervised (management directed) training to less experienced mechanics
- Possess knowledge of the EMS Environmental Policy and the significant aspects, and performs assigned tasks in accordance with the environmental regulations, permit regulations and other policies of the EMS that have been communicated to them.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED- Graduation from a vocational technical college is preferred
- Reading, math, and written language skills to perform essential functions of the job
- Principles of internal combustion engines
- Methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in the repair and maintenance of motorized equipment
- Safe driving practices ( Driving & Attendance Records will be evaluated)
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work
- The use of shop equipment and tools to make necessary repairs
Must possess the following:
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in Maintenance and repair of buses, vehicles and equipment
- Valid Class C California Driver’s License & ability to obtain B Permit with Passenger & Airbrake Endorsements
- Current TIA Tire Certification
- CNG Tank Certification
- ASE H-4 Transit Bus Air Brake Certification
- ASE H-8 Preventative Maintenance and Inspection Certification
- Type II Refrigeration License
- Forklift Operators Permit
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLOSING MARCH 6, 2020 AT 5:00PM