Part-Time Driver $17.04/hr
Obeying all safety rules and regulations, drive a motor vehicle to and from scheduled destinations and perform other duties as required.
Essential Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a motor vehicle over designated routes in accordance with time schedules manifests and District regulations.
- Check motor vehicles daily to maintain safe operating condition.
- Provides assistance to customers, including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, safely securing wheelchairs and wheelchair lifts and abide by required ADA standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent of any combination of education (GED) and experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Class C California drivers’ license and a driving record acceptable to the District’s insurance underwriter.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Certificate.
Knowledge of and ability to:
- Safe driving practices
- Maintain order among the public
- Recognize malfunctions in equipment and take appropriate action
- Ability to learn the metropolitan area of Bakersfield, including stops and traffic hazards
- Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current Official K4 DMV printout with seal, must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
(Click the image to make larger)