The District has an opening for the following position:
Parts Inventory Clerk ($16.63/Hour) (Hours 2PM-11PM, Sunday -Thursday)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor vehicle mileage, fuel and oil consumption, utilizing computer program for gathering and analyzing of data.
- Process work orders according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Answer all Maintenance Department phone calls.
- Perform record keeping and reporting systems.
- Compile and enter data for reports and complete forms, as required.
- Monitor and process warranty adjustment reports.
- Off load delivery trucks with the use of a forklift and receives bulk fluids.
- Delivers and picks up parts from vendors.
- Physical receipt of all District inventory and stocks parts to proper location.
- Distributes inventory parts needed for bus, auto and facility repairs.
- Maintain and accurately file all Maintenance Department information.
- Utilizing computer systems to complete all paperwork necessary for accounts payable.
- Maintains accurate tire mileages and updates data base.
- Researches information and provides assistance and fleet information to Maintenance Supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Reading, math, and written language skills to perform essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of material management software.
- Heavy duty and automotive vehicle parts. Knowledge of transit bus parts desired.
- Technical and vehicle safety bulletins.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to collect data and prepare reports; speak and write effectively; establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with employees; spell correctly; type at 25 words per minute and efficiently operate a 10-key adding machine.
- Microsoft Office software.
Must possess the following:
- Two years’ experience working with bus, truck, and or automotive vehicle parts.
- Valid Class C California Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license.
- Ability to possess an ASE P1 certification.
- Processes above average skills using Microsoft Office work tools.
- Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Equal Opportunity Employer. Open Until Filled.