Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate training for Coach Operator trainees
- Schedule and train employees in transportation safety, classroom, and behind the wheel training and retraining
- Develop and conduct one-on-one and group training
- Create training aids and manuals
- Maintain training databases
- Identify Coach Operator training/retraining needs base on accident/incident trend analysis
- Assist the agency with carrying out the agency safety plan via safety meetings and audits
- Assist the agency with all security initiatives including monitoring alarm notifications, administering alarm codes and monitoring guard security operations at various locations.
- High School diploma or GED required, and five years related transit experience
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and the general public
- Work cooperatively with others and give clear written and oral instruction
- Valid Class B California driver’s license with appropriate endorsements to operate a transit bus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of GET routes and schedules
- Ability to obtain a Trainers Certification issued by the Department of Transportation, Transportation Safety Institute
- Ability to obtain an Examiners Certification issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles
- Skills in operating computer and video equipment and ability to produce technical educational videos
- Ability to create and teach technical curriculum, to keep current with changing technology, and to keep accurate records
Post offer physical and drug screen required. Successful candidate will be in a safety sensitive classification and is required to be placed in the District’s random drug and alcohol testing program. Candidate is also required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Equal Opportunity Employer.