Golden Empire Transit District is currently searching for a Technical Writer with proven experience in writing and editing safety, technical and/or mechanical information. This position will be responsible for preparing, reviewing, revising, and maintaining technical documents during the contract period. Please contact Victor Honorato at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the position.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and update technical documents relate to transit bus operations. Safety and maintenance, including general orders, standard operating procedures, policy and instruction procedures and manuals, work instructions, and technical/safety protocols and best practices
- Gather and discern information from sources including publications and interact frequently with subject matter experts on security issues
- Review and edit written materials by others and ensure document uniformity and consistency across the client’s portfolio. * Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of documents * Ensure that documents are complete, understandable, and accurately represent the appropriate visual presentation of data * Identify and implement records, document procedures, and processes * Continuously ensure that documents are updated, streamlined, maintained, and archived appropriately
- Prepare reports and memos in response to internal and external group findings and recommendations
- Provide management with the evidence and data to aid in strategic planning decisions related to security issues * Maintain computer records, including historical data, for all documentation prepared * Ensure accurate version control and audit trail *
- Ability to communicate effectively to people at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing *
- Ability to stay abreast of innovative technologies including CNG, hydrogen and electric fueling, as well as security and software/hardware intrusion.
- Ability to expertly use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint * Ability to follow verbal directions and produce documentation in a quick turn-around environment. * Ability to work with cross-functional teams. * Maintain excellence in document and presentation materials.
- 3+ years of experience in strong analytical and writing skills including solid experience writing and analyzing documentation for multiple audiences.
- Four (4) years of experience in the preparation and writing of technical documents that describe processes, policies, procedures, regulations, and statutes
Knowledge of and Ability to:
- Create infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, charts, workflows, and graphics that increase users’ understanding.
- Experience working with technical and nontechnical team members and stakeholders at different levels in the IT field.
- Have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and skillset in maintenance procedures, technologies, and techniques preferred
- Knowledge of research techniques, policy practices, and vehicle maintenance in general.
Training and Location
- 2 weeks training in bus operations, maintenance and safety (In person).
- First 2 weeks in person, then must be in person at least one week per month.
- Should be available from approximately 8am-5pm Pacific Time
- Beginning on or about 5-16-2022.
- 1 year contract with option to extend up to two (2) additional 6 month periods.
- All travel is at your expense. Include this in your bid.
- Golden Empire Transit District will be responsible for the printing of all final documents and distribution to employees.