GOLDEN EMPIRE TRANSIT DISTRICT
The District has an opening for the following position:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate data collection and monitoring program, including preparation of various reports (monthly and quarterly data reports, route productivity analysis, mileage and other nonfinancial operating data, surveys and annual reports).
- Maintain statistical database for monitoring demand-response transportation system performance.
- Prepare annual Service Plan Update.
- Design, implement and evaluate passenger surveys and route segment analysis.
- Monitor growth and development activities within the District’s service area, recommending changes in service and related operating data, as necessary. Makes field surveys related to planning projects.
- Prepare timetables, working with route maps, schedule run cuts and coordinating route and service level changes with other departments.
- Prepares plans, programs and statistics for federal compliance, such as Title VI program and National Transit Database.
- Monitor program, conducting surveys for proposed bus stop and shelter locations.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Transportation, Urban Studies, Geography or a closely related field.
- Two years of experience in transit operations, planning or program development.
Knowledge of and ability to:
- Knowledge of urban planning practices and principles of transportation operations systems; Federal, State and local funding sources, laws and procedures governing responsibilities of position; basic principles of planning. Ability to plan and develop individual bus routes and schedules; collect and analyze data; coordinate schedules; organize and write clear and concise reports; deal effectively with government officials; work independently.
- Knowledge of computer and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and CorelDraw; knowledge of GIS programs land-use planning and environmental review process; knowledge of electronic farebox software programs.
- Requisite reading, mathematical and written language skills in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Possess a valid California drivers’ license and a driving record acceptable to the District’s insurance underwriter.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Equal Opportunity Employer.