Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership by example to Coach Operators and other relevant personnel by encouraging professionalism and pride in their work and overseeing adherence to the District’s rules and regulations.
- Provide constant field supervision, ensuring all buses are operating on schedule and in cases of delay or interruption of service, ensure that appropriate changes are administered.
- Monitor the performance of Coach Operators by riding routes to observe customer service and ADA compliance and to examine the manner in which the equipment is operated.
- Monitor and enforce compliance to the District’s rules and regulations.
- Assist the Operations Superintendents and/or the Operations Manager as needed and also perform other duties as required.
- Associate degree in Business Administration or equivalent, five to seven years transit experience and three to five years supervisory or managerial experience.
- Must complete required hours of classroom and behind the wheel training provided by the Golden Empire Transit District’s Safety and Training Department.
- Must possess core computer competencies and be well versed in Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in the functions of Accident Investigation, video review analysis and Worker Compensation investigations a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in written and oral form.
- Applicant must have a valid Class B License.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current K4 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. Equal Opportunity Employer.