The District has an opening for the following position:
Facilities Maintenance/Utility Worker 23.61/hr.
Performs a variety of highly skilled facilities maintenance/utility responsibilities ensuring the operational efficiency, effectiveness and safety of Golden Empire Transit District’s facilities and passenger amenities.
Essential Job duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties. A detailed job description can be requested from the District’s Human Resources Department.
• Maintains bus shelters, benches, route sign poles and other passenger amenities.
• Performs janitorial duties including steam cleaning, restroom sanitation, recycling and trash collection.
• Performs work relative to installation, renovation, construction, repair, maintenance and preventative maintenance inspections of buildings, premises, equipment and property.
• Performs electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC, concrete, roofing, landscaping and other facilities maintenance work and repairs.
• Inspects and diagnoses problems with equipment and makes repairs or replacements of worn or defective parts.
• Enters records from completed maintenance tasks, use computer terminal for data entry.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of two years’ experience performing facility maintenance & equipment repair
• A valid California Class C driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the District’s insurance underwriter
• Reading, mathematical and written language skills in order to perform the essential functions of the job
• MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AN EVENING/NIGHT SHIFT, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation. Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current Official K4 DMV printout with seal, must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Complete an Online Application