Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise repair, service, cleaning and maintenance of District’s motorized equipment.
- Assist in planning and assigning all work performed by maintenance employees.
- Supervise and coordinate all vehicle repair and CNG station work performed by outside contractors.
- Purchase supplies and services, utilizing the computer system.
- Assist Director of Maintenance with budget preparation.
- Handle radio communications and coordinate road calls.
- Must be willing to meet the needs of the District in a 24/7 environment.
- High School Diploma or GED- Graduation from a vocational technical college is preferred.
- Experience with commercial vehicle fleet maintenance and repair.
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to diagnose basic defects in electrical, air conditioning, engines, transmissions, brakes, steering, and chassis systems.
- Operations of a vehicle maintenance shop environment including parts, materials, heavy duty vehicle repairs, preventative maintenance programs, tools and equipment used in the repair of motorized equipment and vehicles.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain:
- ASE Transit Bus Air Brake and Preventative Maintenance Certification within six months of hire date.
- TIA Tire Certification within six months of hire date.
- Forklift Permit within six months of hire date.
- A Class B California Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and passenger endorsements.
- Proof of current COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Completed applications and current H6 DMV printout must be returned to Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed applications. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLEDComplete an Online Application