CUSTOMER CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
It is the policy of Golden Empire Transit District (GET) to help ensure the safety, security, comfort, and convenience of all those who use our services. GET has established the following passenger conduct regulations to ensure that any one person may not adversely affect others while using or operating the GET transportation system.
Prohibited Conduct and Enforcement
- A person is prohibited from committing the following acts on a GET vehicle, GET facility, or GET property unless otherwise specified in this section:
- Smoke or expel the residue of any tobacco product including chewing tobacco on a GET vehicle;
- Consume any alcoholic beverage or possess an open container of any alcoholic beverage on a GET bus;
- Eating on a GET bus;
- Engage in disruptive, disturbing behavior including: loud conversation, profanity or rude insults, or operating any electronic device used for sound without an earphone(s);
- Take any animal onto a vehicle unless the animal’s purpose is to assist a person with a disability, or unless the animal is in training to assist a person with a disability, or unless the animal is secured in a container sufficient to contain the animal.
- Carry or possess any illegal weapons;
- Possess or transport any flammable liquid, combustible material, or other dangerous substances such as gasoline, kerosene, or propane;
- Vandalize the vehicle or property by writing, marking, scribbling, defacing or causing destruction to the vehicle or property in any manner;
- Beg or solicit by forcing yourself upon another person;
- Spitting, urinating, defecating, or exposing one’s anus or genitals;
- Possess, use, or sell any controlled substance;
- Ride a GET vehicle without evidence that the proper fare has been paid;
- Unauthorized presence on a GET vehicle, GET facility, or GET property after hours of operation;
- Unauthorized use of a GET facility or GET property for non-transportation related purposes; and
- Interfering with the operation of a GET vehicle.
Any person who violates one or more of these regulations may be warned and/or ordered to leave the GET vehicle, GET facility, or GET property immediately by a GET Supervisor. Situations where a person refuses to leave a GET vehicle, GET facility, or GET property after being ordered to do so may be handled by Bakersfield Police or other appropriate law enforcement agencies.
This policy does not seek to limit or conflict with any federal, state, or local law or ordinance; or to prevent any law enforcement agency or entity from taking any lawful action against any person on a GET vehicle, GET facility, or GET property.